Thursday, November 9, 2017

Day #10 of Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards

The letter of the day is "I". 
The easiest item to use today is Ink. 
But, I also decided to use one of the digital Images from Beccy's Peace and Joy digital stamp set...
Ice Skates. 



Today I used the uncolored version of the digital Image and did the coloring myself with markers and watercolor pencils.  Instead of blending the pencils with water, I used a glitter brush.  It does the job and adds glitter at the same time.  I always like the poinsettias that have the splotches of colors on the flowers, so I tried to replicate that.  I colored the ornaments Indigo blue and added a coating of Glossy Accents to them and also the Ice skate blades.  The background paper is also Indigo blue.  Finally, I added layers of  Indigo blue and deep pink card stock behind the sentiment, another Image from the Peace and Joy digital set, to decorate the Inside of the card.

Challenges:
Aud Sentiments Challenge #192 - Bingo + a Sentiment (I used the top row: Flowers, Patterned Paper and Pink)
 
CCC Digi Creations Challenge #84 - Must Use Flowers 
 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge for Winter. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the blue accents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The splashes of blue really set the design off!
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at the CRAFT challenge this week...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is fabulous Debi, well done! I really love the shimmery look you achieved by using the glitter brush to blend, it's wonderful and sparkly. I also like the addition of the glossy accents on each of the baubles, it gives them a lovely glassy finish. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stylish thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Choosday crafty hugs Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card and image,lovely coloring and design...Thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS challenge,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Hester

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.